Reachable by a 10 min. by catamaran and 25 min. by ferry-boat from Setubal, this narrow sand-strip south of Lisbon is one of Portugal’s best-kept secret.
Boasting 18 km of white sandy uninterrupted beaches and some of the cleanest bathing conditions in the country, Troia is a true for couples and young families alike. It also has a range of moderately priced apartment complexes, a tennis center, several swimming pools, casino, conference rooms, theater and the well-known 18-hole championship Golf course.
What to do in Troia?
- Beach, beach, beach! 18km of white sandy beaches with clear blue water. Here we promise you won’t find the heavy crowds of the Algarve. If you’re in need of a relaxing beach break, this is the place to be.
- Water sports: Beach volley, kitesurf, swimming, sailing, windsurfing, scuba. There is a sailing school and a scuba-diving school where you can rent a sailing boat and equipment and have lessons , with a range of classes for varying abilities. If you chose scuba diving, a popular activity, there is many diverse types of fish and underwater sea life to see in different spots. Water sports here are a truly unique experience since is where the river meets the sea.
- Golf: The Troia Golf course is considered amongst Golf players to be one of the best top golf courses of the world and was considered by “Golf World” magazine to be one of the best 100 Golf courses of Europe. Robert Trent Jones Senior designed the course and it opened for play in 1980. The 368-metre par for 3rd is one of the finest sea holes in Portugal but there are more stunning holes in this course. The holes are laid out on the dunes whilst magnificent pinewoods line most of the fairways on the inland side. The course is challenging but whilst playing the player has charming views across the sand to the magnificent blue Atlantic. There are also Golf lessons available.
- Tennis: There is a tennis academy in Troia with 10 green courts for you to play day and night. They also offer tennis lessons if you want to learn a new sport while on holidays!
- Roman ruins: If you want to know a bit of history as well, you can also visit the 16th Century Roman ruins in Troia. Some very important finds have been made since excavations began in 1850. The main visible features are fish-salting tanks as large as 3 metres square, port buildings, tombs and baths with traces of mosaic and marble lining.
- Luxury resorts: In Troia there are luxury resorts with plenty to offer like spa treatments and shows, if you want to take advantage of the best Troia has to offer.
- Restaurants: In Troia there are beach restaurants and snack bars where you can taste the famous fish dishes and seafood of the region of Setubal , whilst enjoying a stunning view of the Setubal bay and Arrabida Hills , in a really relaxing environment.
Staying in Troia is a good option if you visit the region of Setubal, combining relaxation, stunning views and easy access to the city of Setubal and the other locations around.
We invite you spend some of your vacations and holidays time visiting Arrábida Hills.
We invite you to visit Setubal and to visit Portugal
Contact us if you wish to know more info about Troia.
Click so see the Gallery of Photos with Troia images: