Since Setubal is a vital fishing hub, the best seafood cuisines are served by almost all the restaurants of the region.
Chocos Fritos, which is fried cuttlefish, is currently topping the charts.
It is actually thick breaded slices of cuttlefish, deep-fried, and served with lots of thickly cut fries, tart lemon wedges, and even salad.
This delicacy is often served either with a cold Portuguese beer or Vinho Branco da Casa, which is effervescent white wine with a fresh mineral and citrus taste.
Vinho Branco da Casa or House White is from the Terras do Sado region.
- Clean and cut squid into rings or cuttlefish into strips – thinner is better.
- Season with salt, pepper and red chilli pepper powder.Set aside. Beat egg, add flour and water and beat until smooth.
- Mix in onion and garlic.
- Heat oil for deep-frying to 425°F. Dip squid rings in batter.
- Or, if you’re lazy like me, dump the cuttlefish strips into the batter, stir around, and fish ‘em out one or two at a time until you have enough for a batch. Add to oil and deep fry 3 to 4 minutes, until light brown. Drain.
- Garnish with parsley, lemon wedges and french fries. Serve hot.
- 500 grams cuttlefish
- 1 eggs
- 60 grams flour
- 60 ml water
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red chilli pepper powder
- oil for deep-frying
- parsley sprigs to garnish (opt.)
- lime or lemon wedges to garnish (opt.)
We invite you to spend some of your vacations and holidays time visiting Arrábida Hills.
We invite you to visit Setubal and to visit Portugal.
Just take your flight to Faro airport or Lisbon Airport, reserve accommodations,hotel , choose a restaurant and activities and welcome to Portugal Dream Coast.
Travel Portugal and travel Setubal.